Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Opposing Views and JSM

Despite what you read on this blog, I am not into social media. I don't Facebook, Twitter or text; I don't even have a cell phone. I guess that qualifies me as one of those old guys who thinks that nobody cares what I ate for breakfast (BTW, today: nothing).

So I was a bit surprised to get an invitation to list JSM on Opposing Views. I answered affirmatively, so now (or soon) JSM will be listed and I'll be an official "expert." I know this is a good thing, but as something of a social media Luddite I'm not exactly sure what my responsibilities will be. I hope they don't make me buy a phone...

As to more mundane matters...

The Journal of Sport and Social Issues has a special issue coming out on "Transforming Sport: Visions of Social Justice/Strategies for Change." Deadline for paper submission is January 1, 2011. Initial submissions will be reviewed and if judged suitable then sent out for review. For more information you can contact guest editor Ann Travers at atravers@sfu.ca.

And the newly established International Sport for Development and Peace Association has issued a call for its Power of Sport Summit. The summit will take place June 10-12, 2010 in Boston and the deadline for a presentation proposal is tomorrow, April 1. Contact Eli Wolff for more information at ewolff@ispdaonline.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home