Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Summer in Dallas

I found out today that I'll be spending three weeks of my summer at WFAA-TV in Dallas as part of the NATPE Faculty Fellowship program. NATPE places faculty in newsrooms across the country to help us get a handle on what's going on these days in professional newsrooms. My goal is to find out what makes WFAA so successful in terms of its multimedia approach to journalism ... and bring that back to our students and faculty.

Belo Corp. is an incredible place to learn and has been honored as one of the best media groups in the country. I'm excited to have the opportunity and will try to pass along what I'm learning through this blog. It may not all be sports related, but I hope interesting nonetheless.

First day is this Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home