Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sportscasters and Sportscasting

I know it seems somewhat self-defeating to promote a competitor's book, but I did want to mention the book by Linda Fuller titled Sportscasters/Sportscasting: Principles and Practice.

I have not had the opportunity to read the book yet, but I welcome it into the growing field of sports texts. One of the reasons I wanted to write a book on sports broadcasting in 2001 was because there just weren't that many texts on the subject. Linda's book has chapters on economics, audiences, and history; it also has a practical section on how to get in the industry, which I think it what today's students are most interested in.

If you're interested in Linda's book you can find more information here; if you're more old school and want to see the 2nd edition of my book, it's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home