Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I lied

Yes, I lied. Sorry about that.

When I last left you before our vacation to South Padre Island, Texas (which was fabulous, by the way) I said I was not going to consume any sports media while I was gone. In fact, I didn't even make it one day.

On the two-day drive down there I listened to both Fox Sports Radio and ESPN Radio to catch some baseball scores. Relaxing in our condo after a day at the beach I watched some NBA playoffs (and I'm not really even a basketball fan) and some baseball. I scoured the sports section of the complimentary USA Today newspaper delivered to my door. In short, I consumed sports media almost every day.

It's amazing how pervasive the sports media are and how easy it is to access them. It's also amazing how important they are to the patterns of our everyday lives. I wasn't consciously trying to access the sports media; they were simply there and I consumed (sounds a little like Eve in the Garden of Eden).

Thank goodness for new technology and accessible sports content. And I'll try not to lie next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home